Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grass Wreath Tutorial

Hello? Anyone still out there?

Honestly, I can’t believe I still have followers. I’ve been such a slacker on this blog. Since the girls were born I haven’t had much time to be creative. If you read my last post, you saw that I’ve been pinning a bunch of stuff that I’d like to do but just haven’t had the time.

I did, however, make a spring/Easter wreath that was Pinspired by THIS pin.
Spring-Wreath

Materials I bought:
Styrofoam wreath
Lime green “fur” (found in the yarn section)
Colored straight pins

Materials I already had:
Prima paper flowers
Embroidery floss (twine would also be very cute!)
Welcome feet printable banner (You can get this HERE)

To assemble:

  • Wrap fur around wreath until it is completely covered. You may have to go around twice to fill in gaps
  • Place flowers randomly around wreath and attach with colored straight pins
  • Cut out flags for banner, run them through a sticker maker and attach to floss or twine (you can also use glue).
  • Position banner across wreath and attach to wreath by tying them onto pins behind flowers (I think I might had tied a double not in the floss and then just stuck the pin through the knot).
  • Attach colorful ribbon for hanging.

I’m not very good with instructions…I often just make things up as I go, so if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Happy Crafting!
Grey&Pink Signature

Pin It

No comments: